As a design engineer you will participate in full product development cycles, in urban mobility and sustainability products. You will be responsible to generate design of parts and full assemblies, from concept to prototyping all the way to manufacturing and testing, generate engineering drawings and all the relevant documentation. Furthermore, you will gather and record prototyping and manufacturing data for the next product generation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS - RESPONSIBILITIES
- Good level of mechanical design experience.
- Ability to design mechanical components and assemblies keeping various criteria in mind, such as cost-effectiveness, customer requirements, user experience etc.
- Knowledge of machine elements, their usage, hand calcs which define their strength and applicability on a preliminary stage, etc.
- Previous experience, knowledge and understanding of GD&T on mechanical engineering applications.
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing processes, their effectiveness on the various applications, their limitations etc.
- Ability to produce 3D models using CAD software, ideally in Solidworks.
- Ability to generate engineering drawings and include all the required information and manufacturing instructions for the manufacturer or the production engineer.
- Analyze prototype/manufacturing data to apply re-designs if required.
- Actively collaborate with the other functions (i.e., mechanical, electrical, structural engineers) and customers to understand design requirements and present design updates/results.
Education and Experience (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Previous experience as a design engineer or similar role, especially in the automotive or technology sectors, is desirable.
- Strong knowledge of design software packages (i.e., Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks etc.).
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver projects effectively on time.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
What We offer
- Full time contract with a competitive salary compensation depending on qualifications and experience.
- Being member of an innovative, highly collaborative team, aiming to work always on the edge of technology and produce high-quality results.
- Opportunities for professional and personal development and training according to your position and personal needs.
- Private health cover (team insurance package), pension plan and other relevant benefits.
- Flexible work schedule and vacations.